Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hm

It sounds like my post from yesterday bummed everyone out, and everyone thinks I'm suicidally depressed and such today. I'm definitely not. Certainly frustrated and disappointed still, especially given how many stupid hoops I had to jump through, but not devastated. There have still been some very significant blessings at work in my life, even my work life, which is the last thing I expected. And there is very much to be grateful for. Just sometimes it's nice to blow off steam.

How can I reconcile posting such positive quotes and such when things don't always work out for me? While I can say that these things are much easier on paper than in real life, getting to a point where I can actually have that be my natural perspective is certainly a goal I try to achieve. Maybe some day I'll get there.

And certainly in times like this I very much like to go back to one of my all-time favorite President Hinckley quotes (don't worry, I won't try to draw him again).

“Things work out, it isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out, don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in him, if we will pray to him, if we will live worthy of his blessings, he will hear our prayers.”

No comments: