Thursday, April 12, 2012

Android cont'd

I know everyone is dying for another Android post, but I couldn't sleep soundly tonight without righting a terrible wrong. I left of one of the very major advantages Android has over iPhones: Adobe Flash support. It's the thing that makes the entire internet be multimedia rather than flat pictures. The iPhone and iPad don't support Flash; Android products do.

And what a difference it makes. You open a web page on an iPhone and you either get a stripped down mobile version of it, or you get a little 'plugin needed' icon. You open a webpage in Android and the whole thing works. Animations happen, videos happen, sound files play, transitions occur. You get the full web 2.0 experience.

Another cool feature: the entire screen turns into landscape mode if you tilt it. Now, iPhones have some apps that can turn into landscape mode if you want them to, but it's limited. Things like web pages and books and games and YouTube. But like, the main screen would never do that. Android does. You can turn it on its side and all the icons fall into line and all of the sudden you've got a PS Vista.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my phone?


And yes, I have my animated fish swimming in the air over a spooky night scene. Why? BECAUSE I CAN.

No comments: