Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Contest of the Day results

A few days back I held a contest that asked people to submit a list of even a single thing the government does better than private enterprise. The most popular entries were 'lies,' and 'spends our money.'

I would personally submit 'military' except that I don't think America has ever tried to have a private military, and I'm not sure that would work. People in individual towns would have to contract with military companies for defense, and you would have places like San Fransisco declaring war on Provo and stuff. So that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

But anyway, the prize to the winner was that I would draw a cartoon of their request. Since many people participated, I declare you are all winners and I will draw a picture of whatever anyone wants. Just leave it in the comments and I'll see what I can do. I promise it will be of the same quality standard as my normal cartoons. But don't let that stop you.

10 comments:

Hillary said...

All I ask is that Neil Diamond is somehow incorporated. Neil heals all things.

Anonymous said...

Neil with James (Taylor) would make me happy (though he is extremely liberal).

Carlee Hoopes said...

I'd like to put in a request for Chuck Norris. Perhaps he could be roundhouse kicking Neil in the face...maybe James could be cheering on the side with his guitar or something.

Hillary said...

No harm shall come unto Neil in this photo. Maybe Conan can be pulling the Walker Texas Ranger lever and an episode featuring Chuck, James and Neil as a crime fighting trio. Or have Neil be like the Doc Holiday to Chuck's Wyatt Earp and James is at the piano in the saloon...

Kristen said...

Doug on his bike.

Kirk said...

I would like to see "Ellen" protesting prop 8 in front of the local Kingdom Hall.

Jessica said...

How about Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr. together singing Christmas songs? That's my vote.

Jessica said...

Scratch the Ratpack idea. I left a comment under your contest that Obama would look better than I do pregnant. So, I want to see a cartoon of him pregnant... ;)

Christian said...

Wow, these sound hard.

Christian said...

I hadn't really anticipated action sequences in the cartoons. How about instead if I just drew them sitting there, staring blankly?