Friday, March 15, 2013

Maintenance issues

A quick note about the blog layout; Blogger is having some kind of goofy issue where my sidebar is no longer showing up on the side but on the bottom, and apparently I'm the only person on the entire Internet experiencing this. I didn't like the new fancy layout, either, because it displayed poorly on mobile devices, so I switched back to old fashioned.

About every 2 weeks or so I get an idea for a total blog redesign, and I will work it up and change it over...for about 4 minutes or so, then I hate it and switch it back. And I think I've been trying to think up a better name for the blog for about the last 5 years.

Why did I ever call it the Evil Robot? I have no idea. I think at the time it was sort of in line with my personality, which had lots of silly names for things like that. Like I think my ebay user id was the 'Pirate's Pub,' named after a cool wooden sign that I had until I got married, and then it mysteriously vanished somewhere, done in by female hands that made the house 'presentable' and 'not like a 17 year old guy's house' or something.

So from time to time I think of naming the blog something mature and not ridiculous, but then I worry that it will lose its personality, and then I recall that it doesn't actually have any personality to begin with, and soon thereafter I recall that I have literally like 7 readers and every last one of them is related to me, and none of them really care what I call the blog and are likely just checking back each day to see how badly I've rendered another church historical figure in MS Paint.

So what do I do about the blog layout? I'll try to leave it be for awhile until the urge strikes again to try to fix it. That will probably happen some time later tomorrow or so.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I like the blog name and the regular layout. And I really like the quotes you put on here. Don't know if my vote counts, but there it is!

Hillary said...

Keep the original layout. I've kept mine the same for three years and just change the banner from time to time. I do, however, remembering submitting a cartoon request long ago that hasn't been fulfilled. A one Gary Busey. Ahem.

Christian said...

Yikes. Gary Busey? Hm I will try. I have a hard time with teeth...

Christian said...

Your vote definitely counts!