Saturday, March 30, 2013

Random thoughts, volume 4


  • I can tell my original stories are lame if Jan tells me they are 'interesting.' So what if the lead characters always seem to die, I say? The important thing is that I keep trying and some day in the far reaches of the future I may eventually come up with a decent story. Maybe.
  • There's no such thing as a 'good' workout. It's like having a 'good' chemotherapy session. If you enjoy working out, there is literally something wrong with you. And I don't mean wrong like in a Ziggy cartoon caption kind of way: I mean that you have actually physically damaged the part of your brain responsible for sanity and now that it is broken you are free to roam about, saying utterly ridiculous things. You may as well claim that your favorite color is eyebrows. 
  • One time I bought some jeans for $4 at a thrift shop and when I put them on, THERE WERE THREE DOLLARS IN THE POCKET.
  • The most money I've ever found just laying around was a $50 bill. It was in my boss's wallet, which he had carelessly left in his desk drawer. 
  • Just kidding, it was in a parking lot.
  • I'm not sure what I said before, but if I did not claim that Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is my all-time favorite CGI movie/kid's show, I wish to enter this into evidence now. Everything about it is awesome.
  • I probably should have mentioned before that my original stories are written 'instantly.' That is, with no thought beforehand and with no more than a 2-second pause between paragraphs. I start writing, having no idea of the plot of the story, and I don't stop till the story seems to naturally end. This may have at least an indirect influence on why I tend to kill all my lead characters rather suddenly in all my stories.
  • If you think about it, E.T. should really technically just be the story of 'one additional terrestial.' So it could have been about basically any guy in particular, and they would have saved a lot of money on special effects.

No comments: