Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Random Thoughts Volume V

The reaction to my latest lame random thoughts was the highest page views I've had in 2 months, so we're going to give the people what they want! Namely, the deleted items I felt that were too dumb to include in the last one.

  • Apparently the plot to the new Wolverine movie involves a guy promising Wolverine that he can make him mortal so that he can die. To do this, Wolverine has to undergo some insanely painful procedure. Maybe it takes his adamantium skeleton off? That part is unclear. However, why doesn't he just jump into a volcano? Just because your injuries heal and you have a metal skeleton doesn't mean that there are no other conceivable ways to die. 
  • In retrospect, the PregNancy Drew spin off series was probably a mistake.
  • I work with a guy named Jose who failed his driving test because he needed to get new eyeglasses. He made arrangements to see an eye doctor and was given a new pair of glasses. When he got back to work, I went over to him and said, "Jose, can you see?" It was the best thing that ever happened to me.
  • I haven't yet had the opportunity to say, "No way, Jose." When that happens it will likely be the 2nd best thing ever.
  • Who rents those rip-off movies that they have at video stores/machines? Like, "oh, Summer Switch. Starring Jake Thandlson and Alice Smith. Sure, looks good." Is your free time worth so little? For example, I watch nothing but best picture Academy Award winners. Not even the ones that got nominated. Just the winners.
  • The value of having the biggest TV to me is wearing off. I still want one, but the main show we watch currently is 'American Pickers,' and it's one of the few shows where higher definition makes it worse.
  • I like a lot of songs by The Lower Lights, an LDS 'supergroup' that plays mostly banjo-type covers of Christmas songs and hymns, but I heard their version of "Ye Elders of Israel" and they had a girl singing it. No offense, but this should be illegal. It's like having guys sing "As Daughters in Zion" or whatever the Beehive song is. It's illegal and wrong.
  • It's funny how the 'treehouse' mentality is present with other 'maintstream' Christian churches that don't want to let Mormons into their Christianity club. As if they own what Christianity is. That being said, I don't enjoy hearing about declining membership or attendance or scandals at other churches. The world needs religion-Christianity, specifically, and the more tarnished some churches make that brand, the worse off we all are.
  • "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da' is one of the extremely few songs in all of existence that was dramatically improved by a saxophone. There are only like 1-2 others, and for some reason I want to say that one of them is a Daryl Hall song. 

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Um, I'm like BFFs with The Lower Lights drummer. It's Suzy's brother-in-law. We dine together at her house at least once a month. He's a bishop and has some great stories.

Ok, that is all the famous people I know from this post.