Monday, October 20, 2008

Beat the Beat the Devil DVD

My latest Netflick was "Beat the Devil," a movie that promised to be a brilliant send up of 'spy' movies starring Humphrey Bogart, Gina Lollabridgida, and Peter Lorre, directed by John Ford. It was supposed to be very funny and biting and stuff.

Only when I started watching it, I realized I'd already watched it, several years before. And it wasn't brilliant or hilarious. It wasn't bad, by any means, but it's a goofy little story about a bunch of guys trying to import uranium, and the women in it are kind of goofy and the acting's uneven. Bogart's great, as always, but everyone else is trying to act silly and it doesn't match up very well.

I guess what I'm saying is that they should have burned all copies of the movie after I'd had a chance to watch it, which was apparently a few years ago.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

At first glance I thought the movie breakdown you stated was the "guys tried to import urine" instead of uranium.

But from the sounds of it, that may have made for a better plot.