Saturday, October 25, 2008

A word from the author

For those of you who are less familiar with me, the childhood horror stories are a Hoopes tradition dating back to 2002's Christmas Eve. My siblings and I would stay in the same room for Christmas Eve and tell funny stories. In 2002 I started telling stories about embarassing or sad things from my childhood, all of which involved some kind of unfair twist or misunderstanding that would result in my humiliation/shame/crying (pick one). My brothers and sister thought the stories were hilarious and for several more years I would keep everyone entertained with additional episodes. One of my brothers told me I should write a book about my childhood memories, and I said "and call it what? "My Terrible Life"?" I don't think anyone would buy anything like that, but now on this blog everyone can enjoy my sorrow for free.

That is all.

No comments: