Sunday, October 12, 2008

Indie-anna Jones

I was almost interested in seeing "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist" until I saw the soundtrack listing. It's obscure, even for me-I only knew 4 of the bands and 1 of the songs. I'm just undecided if the rise in use of indie music in films has been a good or a bad thing. On one hand it's fun to discover an obscure new song-on the other, if they use one you already know, you feel decidedly less cool and unique for liking it.

It's the "Depeche Mode" factor, wherein we used to resent other people who liked Depeche Mode because other people were stupid. Now I realize other people, though they might be stupid, include me-I'm one of those other stupid people to someone else. So far as I can tell, the only solution is to dissolve society and stop talking to each other and having the internet and meeting in one place at a time for concerts. But this makes it a lot harder to purchase tacos at Barbacoa, so I'll probably scrap that idea.

No comments: