Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Journey to the Really Obvious Special Effects

The next movie up from the weekend-the first that was not a musical-is the new Brendan Fraser remake of Journey to the Center of the Earth.

There's not much to say about this movie other than that it was 'pretty good.' A good family show with nothing particularly funny or interesting going on, but some unusual scenery and a decent amount of enjoyable adventure. We didn't see it with the 3-D glasses, which was a shame since almost the entire movie was designed to be watched with 3-D glasses. Lots of big and scary things fly at the screen...

In other news, I'm at least 2% improved on the mouse pen. And yes, it is MUCH harder to draw with one when you're used to drawing with a mouse for the last 5 years. To wit, here is my drawing of Brendan Fraser. Other than his face and basic body shape, doesn't this look exactly like him?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found myself actually enjoying this movie quite a bit, a lot more than I thought I would. We only saw it in theaters because we enjoy Brendan as an action figure. Don't laugh. Yes, Christian. This looks EXACTLY like him, especially if I squint with one eye and keep the other one closed.