Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Remember when reporters did their jobs?

There were signs the continuing investigation could still involve him.

His statement that he didn't have contact with Blagojevich about the Senate seat seems to conflict with that of top adviser David Axelrod, who told Fox News Chicago on Nov. 23: "I know he's talked to the governor, and there are a whole range of names, many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

Obama transition officials say Axelrod misspoke.


Well that settles that. If Obama transition officials said Axelrod misspoke, then that's that. No need to check entry logs, security records, phone logs, or video recordings of the governor's mansion or capital building to establish if Obama actually did speak to Blagojevich.

I mean, it's been a month and a half since the election-you really think Obama hasn't during this entire time said a single word to Axelrod? The funny thing is, the last 6 weeks shouldn't even be any more relevant than the last 4 years-6 years. The press should be scouring the entire record for details of their association.

After all, it's not exactly unlikely for Obama to have less than honest/moral/non-murdering associates.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

If the poor man doesn't have any, I will be his honest/moral/non-murdering associate. Sounds like he could sure use one.

Anonymous said...

And here I was hoping that the scandals would at least wait until Obama was in office. My mistake.

Heidi said...

I agree, but I really just wanted to ask you to pass on a "Happy Birthday" wish to your beautiful little sister, Hillary for me!! Thanks!

Hillary said...

I'll just take out the middle man. Thanks Heidi!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday, Hillary!

Anonymous said...

I'll join in on the Happy Birthday chorus! Happy Birthday Hillary Dear!